* = New or updated as of 9/25/09
- CD Reviews:
- Highly opinionated reviews of musicals on disc and/or video
- And The World Goes 'Round: The Songs of Kander & Ebb
- Buddy! The Buddy Holly Story
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Damn Yankees
- The Full Monty
- A Gala Evening for Hal Prince
- The Golden Apple
- The Green Bird
- Hello, Dolly!
- Hey, Mr. Producer!
- The Light in the Piazza
- I Love My Wife
- Mack & Mabel
- The Magic Show
- Merrily We Roll Along
- On the Twentieth Century
- The Rothschilds
- Ruthless! The Musical
- Sondheim: A Celebration at Carnegie Hall
- The Stephen Sondheim Album
- The Will Rogers Follies
- Book Reviews:
- As above, only books.
- Broadway Musicals Show by Show, 5th ed
- Collins Guide to Musicals
- It's a Hit! The Back Stage Book of Longest-Running Broadway Shows, 1884 to the Present
- Not Since Carrie: 40 Years of Broadway Musical Flops
- The Season
- Sing Out, Louise! 150 Broadway Musical Stars Remember 50 Years
- The TheaterMania Guide to Musical Theater Recordings
- Performance Reviews:
- Reviews of shows, and not just musicals, either.
- Bests, worsts, themes, and more!
- "After All, Miss, This is France!" France and Musicals
- And Heaven Knows That Chanukah Is Happy, Ho Boy!" Musicals for the Holiday Season
- Boo Hiss! Villain Songs
- "Cheesy, Sleazy Hollywood": Musicals about Movies and Movie-Making
- Great Performances: Female
- Great Performances: Male
- "The Happiest Corpse I've Ever Seen": Everything Goes to Hell in the Second Act
- I AM a Man: Black Musicals
- "It's a Helluva Town": New York Musicals
- My Top Ten
- My Bottom Ten
- Really Crappy Lyrics
- "Right, I Know, Yes, Me and Balzac": Musicals About Writers and Writing
- The Worst Musicals I've Ever Seen
- Thoughts on various aspects of Broadway and show music
Some Thoughts About the 2002 Tonys
Some Thoughts About the 2004 Tonys
Some Thoughts About the 2006 Tonys
- Letters received, Who Am I?, About This Site, etc.
All non-lyric and non-letter material copyright 2001-2012, D. Aviva Rothschild. All rights reserved
I invite commentary on this site, CD and production reviews, and submissions on the topic of musicals. All submitted material will be properly credited and copyrighted to the submitters. Please see the Submissions page for general information.
Or, just let me know your opinion of this site.
If you're enjoying this site, join the mailing list to hear about updates! (Private list, no spam whatsoever)
Return to Rational Magic current issue Return to Rational Magic home page